Friday, March 1, 2013

I think I'll call it "MAN-ifesto"

I think I'm going to take this in a new direction. 

The more and more I talk to people, the more apparent it becomes that men have stepped off the scene, and nobody knows just exactly where they disembarked. The suggestion that one isn't exuding masculine traits sends people into a tizzy, and generally brings up those defensive, pathetic emotions. Opinions aren't opinions anymore; you have no right to think what you will, you only have the right to be tolerant. 

Not in my house. 

Witnessing this disturbing trend has lead me to question just why it is that being masculine is so frequently under attack, and why being a man is considered backwards thinking. I think one reason we don't understand masculinity anymore is the fact that there are so few of us left! 

Where have the men gone?

Who went out and feminized all the men?

 Where are our role-models? 

I think these questions are being asked more and more, and the reason behind them is continually shrouded as we are constantly told that being a man is sexist and close minded. 

Don't worry fellas! I think I may have an answer. One of the biggest problems with masculinity nowadays is that nobody know's "how" to be masculine. With the growing absence of active fathers, boys now have no idea what it means to be a man. One thing we lack is instruction, and that is what I'm going to attempt; easy instruction.


Thus, I present "The Nine Noble Virtues."




For the next little bit, I'm going to be taking the points of the Nine Noble Virtues and breaking them down, explaining them, and giving some insight into just what they mean to us men in the modern era. Stay tuned!

-Coqui

1 comment:

  1. I like this. I like this a lot. I wonder if you could find scriptural examples of each of these virtues, thereby forming the "virtuous man"? Looking forward to reading the rest.

    ReplyDelete